View our Main Site »

Friday, September 2, 2011

New Beer Friday - September 2 Edition

From Michigan's Little Bavaria
It's Labor Day Weekend, folks, the official close of summer. We at Siciliano's hope you had a good one, and we hope too that you're looking forward to fall just as much as we are. Wine and cider season is just around the corner, and every brewer knows that the best days to brew outside are those wonderful, mild Saturdays in September & October. Orange leaves against a bright blue sky, the sweet smell of malt in the air, the gentle whir of your brand new 72,000-BTU Blichmann Top Tier Burner, purchased for a song at Siciliano's Annual Homebrew Sale--what could be more pleasing? To help get you into the autumnal spirit, here's a list of this week's new arrivals. Enjoy!

New (and Returning) Beers

  • Short's Autumn Ale, $1.99/12oz - "This beer exhibits a wonderful balance of initial malty sweetness with subtle lingering floral hop bitterness, resulting in an ideal bridge between malty and hoppy beer styles. It is a silver medal winner at the 2006 GABF" (source).
  • Frankenmuth Oktoberfest, $1.79/12oz - "An authentic German Oktoberfest beer. Its trademarked copper color is achieved by 4 different malts thus giving it its barley flavor. Adding German noble hops brews the perfect balance and tops with a nice finish" (source). Apparently colors are trademarkable. I call ochre!
  • Shiner Oktoberfest, $1.49/12oz - "Made with the highest quality Two-Row Barley, Munich and Caramel malts, along with German-grown Hallertau Tradition and Hersbrucker hops. Best when served with meaty dishes like sausage and roasted chicken, fresh, creamy cheeses, pasta with white sauces and seafood" (source).
  • Schmohz Octoberfest, $1.69/12oz - "Dark ale brewed for harvest festivals from dark wheat and pilsner malts. Lightly hopped and left sweet but never too sweet. Just in time for the fall colors" (source).
  • Southern Tier Harvest Ale, $1.69/12oz - Tell me this doesn't sound good: "We usher in the fall with a classic English style Extra Special Bitter of the highest order. Deep ruby in color with an even deeper hop flavor… in fact, we throw fresh English hops into every brewing vessel, then dry hop after fermentation to impart a zesty kick. This beer has real hop character that mingles with fresh malted barley for an experience that will make you wish it were fall year ‘round" (source).
  • Shipyard Pumpkinhead, $1.79/12oz - A pumpkin beer from Maine. We're waiting on them to come up with a Lobster beer. That's right. Lobster.
  • Michigan Brewing Company Screamin' Pumpkin, $1.89/12oz - One of the highest rated pumpkin beers you're going to find this season. A solid offering from MBC.
  • Bells Oracle DIPA, $2.99/12oz - A case arrived today unexpectedly. Even with a 2-bottle limit, it won't last long. Better get here quick!
Pic of the Week

Amarillo Gold, Brewery Vivant

Have a safe & happy holiday, everyone!

2 comments:


  1. Hello Am From The UK , I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor Oyagu who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 weeks with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc Oyagu email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through email address oyaguherbalhome@gmail. com or text him on what's app, phone number +2348101755322 Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR Abubaka herbal medicine is the best remedy for Herpes and HIV/AIDS, I was a carrier of Herpes and I saw a testimony on how Dr. Abubaka cure Herpes, I decided to have a contact with him and asked him for solutions and he started the remedy for my health and prepare the herbal cure for me which i use to cure myself. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. Abubaka herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr. Abubaka and i will not stop publishing his name on the internet because of the good work he did for me, You can reach him on his email: DrAbubaka@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +2348075551672

    ReplyDelete