|One hell of a six pack|
New (and Returning) Beers
- Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian-style IPA, $1.69/12oz - This is the infamous beer heretofore banned from the Michigan market, a decision only just now overturned. Why the ban at all? It's the name, of course: Flying Dog Raging Bitch. Everybody knows that dogs can't fly. To contend otherwise is just plain offensive.
- Short's Bludgeon Yer Eye India Black Ale, $1.99/12oz - "This India Black Ale is a shining example of stylistic guidelines. Intense fruity and floral aromas abound with a subtle malty fragrance reluctantly piercing through. A deep black color attunes the pallet for rich, dark, roasted malt flavors. The unexpected twist comes when high hop bitterness takes over and resonates profoundly" (source).
- Goose Island Night Stalker, $9.99/22oz - You might not crave this beer when the it's 90+ degrees outside. That's okay, it keeps! Put it in your cellar now and enjoy it later, when the chilly nights of October roll around.
- Cuvee des Trolls, 10th Anniversary Cuvee Speciale, $12.89/750ml - "Brewed in limited qualities, Trolls' 10th Anniversary Special Edition accentuates the delicate qualities and fruity aroma of Cuvee des Trolls thanks to it its second fermentation in the bottle" (from the label).
- Brewmater's Collabroation Broederlijke Liefde Saison, $17.69/750ml - "Brian O'Reilly of Sly Fox Brewing Company joins Dirk Naudts to create the fifth brew in the De Proef Brewmaster's Collaboration series. This year's collaboration celebrates the great brewing cultures of both Philadelphia and Gent" (from the label).
- Hop Ruiter Belgian Golden Ale, $10.99/750ml - This beer has "a full, almost rustic, malt body--dry hopped with two noble varieties that add complexity, delicacy and a bit of funk" (from the label).
Manon Tempronillo, 2009 (Spain), $8.99/750ml - Cheetah claims that, because of its intensely smokey character, this wine is a backyard grill-master's dream. According to the label, the "three-month aging in oak barrels gives this wine a unique bouquet, a mix of berries, sweet spices, coconut and cinnamon. It's fresh and immediately appealing in the mouth, with a balanced expression and intense flavors." A great buy!
Quote of the Week
"There can't be good living where there is not good drinking."