View our Main Site »

Monday, May 13, 2013

The 10th Annual Homebrew Party: The Boss' Recap

By Steve Siciliano

During the peak of the Homebrew Party last Saturday, Stan Hieronymus walked up to me with a smile on his face and a tasting glass in his hand. I hadn’t seen him for a few hours but I knew he had been busy mingling with the homebrewers, graciously signing both their new and dog-eared copies of Brew Like a Monk, Brewing with Wheat and For the Love of Hops, sharing his encyclopedic knowledge of brewing with them, answering their questions, tasting their homebrewed beer. “This is quite extraordinary,” he said, and then, “How did it all begin?”

I had to think for a moment. It had been ten years since that first party in a Polish Hall on the lower west side. “We thought it would be a good way to bring the homebrewing community together,” I said finally. I just couldn’t think of a better answer.

The party has grown and evolved over the last ten years. It has certainly gotten bigger. I think it has gotten better. But the reason we threw that first party ten years ago remains the same.

This is all about community.

We'll have more pictures from the 10th Annual Siciliano's Homebrew Party in coming days. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment