View our Main Site »

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Winexpert One-Gallon Wine Kits

 By Kati Spayde

As anyone who frequents the store probably knows, I'm more of a beer girl than a wine fan. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good white or red once in a while, but for me the six-gallon wine ingredient kits are just a bit too much.

Thankfully, Winexpert has come to the rescue with their new line of one-gallon kits. Five bottles (or ten half-sized bottles) is much more approachable for someone like me.

I picked up the Pinot Grigio kit this weekend to give it a test run. It really is as simple as mixing your ingredients and adding yeast. In two weeks I'll stabilize and clear the wine and then after two more weeks I'll be ready to bottle.

The small size of this makes it very countertop-friendly and minimizes my investment. When it comes time, part two of this review will be taste-testing the bottled wine.

One-gallon Winexpert kits are available now at Siciliano's Market. Stop in for pricing and to see the full selection of varietals.


No comments:

Post a Comment